No Words…

Staring at a blank page, not because you don’t know what to write, but because you simply don’t know where to begin.

42 thoughts on “No Words…

1. happykidshappymom says:

What a beautiful picture. And just the right words to go with it.

I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “begin at the beginning.” But that doesn’t really help! One trick I learned from mystery writing, and it applies to most genres, is to “begin with the day that was different.” That’s always stuck with me, and helped me get those first words out.

2. Santi says:

Great image and idea!! And I agree 100%. It’s the same with images. You want to tell a story and you don’t know which of your collection is the best to start with. Maybe we must return to start with “Once upon a time…”. 😉

3. Alex Autin says:

Those first words are always the toughest to put down…the funny thing is I seem to have no problem with them while in the shower, or in the supermarket, or anywhere where it would be impossible to actually write them.

Me too! My friend is trying to convince me to carry around a dictaphone but the stuff I usually think up would make me sound crazy in the supermarket. I have the shower thing too but by the time you’re dry and dressed the idea is completely gone and never coming back!

4. Patti Kuche says:

Oh my goodness, those blank page blues but then I wonder, why do we have to begin at the beginning, which is my desperate attempt to rationalise the situation.

5. Yousei Hime says:

You are a brave soul flying among the clouds, and I share the quandary of where to start when the ideas are what flies. Thank you for your visit and comment at the rabbit hole.

6. Arnab Das says:

I haven’t. I just got my new iPad and posted it from within an app. WordPress doesn’t allow logging in from third party softwares, hence had to post as a new commenter. Glad you recognised me though.

7. Alyssa Charles says:

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine. Did you acquired lots of links and I see lots of trackbacks??
    My Bolg : DepressionSymptomsMedication.com