My Desk – The 50,000th hit

I made a vow that when I got to 50,000 hits on this old thing I would post a photo of my desk as a way to say thank you to all you brilliant readers and so you could see where the magic happens. So here it is in all it’s, ummm, glory.

My Desk

It is a literal manifestation of my brain; quite a bit bonkers, cluttered and full of useless thing. For the keener eyes in the house might notice some of the many weird and wonderful things that adorn my workspace.

Now I’ve shown you mine, you show me yours…

45 thoughts on “My Desk – The 50,000th hit

1. madiebeartri says:

that is a neat and tidy desk….mine is never that neat and tidy. Of course, I share my desk space with 8 other people that live in my house…oh! to have a designated spot all to myself. Tis a dream.

2. jimmorrisondreamdiaries says:

I see the Dai Lama I think and an unusual wooden statue but your desk is very tidy. I’m retired early so have nothing but the laptop here sorry. Your desk space reminds me of my bedroom table with the book and CD’s etc. Also is there another small screen behind the big one? VERY TIDY though!

• jimmorrisondreamdiaries says:

Thanks. Just found this page. I noticed that I’d painted the Dalai Lama’s face inspirationally some time back in a painting at last minute and someone in my village who had been a missionary in a far off land was in the press with him . What a radiant sould shining through him.

3. maati-met says:

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!.watch

4. ramaink says:

Congratulations on the 50,000th hit!
    What a very cozy and super neat space you have there! And all those books!
    I work with a moveable desk. It all depends on what I am working on. πŸ™‚

• ramaink says:

He he he….now THAT would be something to experience and blog about. Working on a skateboard. πŸ™‚
        What do you like to read?
        I have a couple of floor to ceiling kinds that are just groaning under the stacks. Trying to convince hubby dear to get another one (or two) SOON!!

I think I just set you a challenge for 2013!

Anything and everything really at the moment I am doing a pattern of modern classic then a new release and then a classic. Keeps my bookshelf and kindle busy. How about you?

• ramaink says:

I kinda read in a loop too! I read some old classics (its the language, you see… the glorious sentences that curl and loop and dance and entrance…) and then something new, sprinkled with a mystery or two (preferably by Agatha Christie) or sometimes an auto/biography…

its a good way to read I think, I just finished the Hunger Games and I’m now reading Beautiful and the Dammed and after that it will be 1984. Not sure what to read next, any ideas?

• ramaink says:

Do you like it so far? I recently read his Jazz Age stories and it was beautiful! 1984 is so good too!
        I enjoyed book one and two of Hunger Games. Three, not so much. 😦
        Have you read
        Atonement by Ian McEvan?
        The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Ann Barrows?
        The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon?
        Or The Dubliners by James Joyce?
        Farewell, my Subaru by Doug Fine is hilarious! I thought I was going to die laughing. πŸ™‚
        Razor’s Edge by W. Somerset Maugham, actually, anything by Somerset Maugham…
        The remains of the day by Ishiguro
        Long walk to freedom by Nelson Mandela
        Life of Pi by Yann Martel
        Moments of Being by Virginia Woolf
        Lust for Life by Irving Stone
        The elegance of the hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
        The Help by Kathryn Stockett….
        πŸ™‚

WOW what an amazing list! I agree with the third book, just not as gripping. I’ve read Life of Pi, loved that! Have you read other stuff by Ishiguro? Reaaaaally enjoyed Never let Me Go and Nocturnes! I’ve put the rest on my to read list (Dubliners was already on it!). Anything else?! hehe

• ramaink says:

πŸ˜€
        Hmm..let’s see…

The kite runner by Khaled Hosseini
        The bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
        Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
        (Just a warning, I sobbed like a baby, cursed like a heathen and was happy/sad respectively as I read the above three. All three were deeply moving.)
        Lolita by Nabokov ( This one gave me goosebumps. Not necessarily good ones. I tried to watch the movie (Jeremy Irons *swoon swoon*) but could not sit through it. πŸ˜› )
        Toujours Provence and Acquired Tastes by Peter Mayle – love them!
        Rules of civility by Amor Towles – very Hemingway-ish I thought but with a slightly warmer tone. It caught me unawares.
        The Alienist by Caleb Carr – a very gruesome and atmospheric crime novel. Oooooooo……. I could not put it down.
        Three men in a boat by Jerome K. Jerome
        Roots by Alex Haley
        84 Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff – I love this book! Something about hand written letters makes one hum with happiness don’t you think? The movie is beautiful too starring Sir Anthony Hopkins.
        I really want to read through an Orhan Pamuk book. I tried once but without success. Maybe it wasn’t the right time? Have you read any?

Whoowee… Sorry I got carried away….did not mean to bury you under so many recommendations… πŸ™‚

Next week is our Library book sale. (Rubbing my hands with glee) Will let you know if I find any buried treasure.

And I will check out Never let me go and Nocturnes. Thanks!

wow thats a cracking list I’ve read a few of those. Jeremy Irons came to my family’s house once when he got stuck in the snow, sadly I was still in the womb! I love three men in a boat, hilariously british!

5. marian g says:

One neat desk you got there! And a very interesting combinations of knickknacks in the background, too. Those books, CDs, and those things posted on the wall. Nice! πŸ˜€